As I’ve been preaching weekly sermons for two months now, and weekly teachings and reflections for 10 years, I took a moment to list out what I think my top five are. Here’s what I came up with.
My core 5 sermons:
1. Be here now. It’s where everything is, including God.
2. God loves you and you are precious, exactly as you are.
3. Take Sabbath (honor it). It’s one of the 10 commandments.
4. God works through you, filling you with love and power. (And let God help you through others, too.)
5. God is a process, in process, transforming everything.
If these messages are helpful to you, (as they are to me), stay tuned here, because I think I’ll be looking for new ways to say these things in as many different and creative ways as I can. Hopefully the repetition will help it sink it–both to me and to you!
The drawing on this post was made by Julia at the celebration of my 10-year anniversary as a pastor. It’s a picture of me as a Pastor Cat. (love it!)